Certification of products
Product and/or service certification conducted by PKN, comprises following steps:
- The Organization has defined and implemented the standard (standards) applied for certification as a reference to the object of certification.
- The Organization interested in acquiring PN certificate shall make a request to PKN by filling in an Application for cost valuation of product certification of conformity with the Polish Standard and issuing PN certificate authorizing its holder to apply the Mark.
- After receiving the request, PKN prepares and sends to the Organization the offer that specifies certification scope and costs.
- After approval of the offer by Organization a contract on product certification between PKNand the Organization is signed. The subject of this contract concerns:
- conditions of conducting by PKN the certificationof conformity with the Polish Standard (Polish Standards) and issuing PN certificate
- conditions of giving the authorization to apply Mark and the scope and methods ofimplementation this authorization by the Organization
- conditionsand rules of supervising the PN certificate issued by PKN.
- In product certification process conducted by PKN, the following elements are evaluated:
- report from testing referred by the standard(s) for object of certification – this report should be prepared by the testing unit which competences are accepted by PKN
- documentation concerning the object of certification and its production process
- ability of Organization to maintain continuity of compliance with reference to the Polish Standard(s) which is/are appropriate for certification, on the basis of the contract on product certification.
List of documents:
Annex 1: Application for cost valuation of product certification of conformity with the Polish Standard and issuing PN certificate authorizing its holder to apply thePNMark (link)
Annex 2: Template of contract on product certification (link)
Should you have any questions concerning certification of conformity with the Polish Standard(s), PN certificates or Mark, please do not hesitate to contact with Certification Department of PKN.